New design and blogging evolution

Gendots New design and blogging evolution


Today I am happy to introduce you to the new Gendots design! Yay! I've been working on it for a while now and I'm happy it's finally out!

Technically, it's the same layout, but I changed the colors, the logo and I think the general feel of the blog. I don't have enough coding abilities to do a whole theme from the ground up, so I worked with what I had.

I think it works better with me and my vision of this website. It's really clean and let the pictures shine.

I also changed the picture of me on the side bar. I'm not 100% pleased with it, so it might end up re-changing soon. But the last one was there for over a year and I feel like I changed and the blogged changed as well, so it just made sense to change it with the new design.

I say the blog has changed, and not only do I more carefully write my content (and (now) check spelling) but the one thing I can see the biggest difference is in my photography skills. I year ago I though I was a good photographer because I had a couple cool photos and some photography classes behind me, but when I look back at my blog photos from back then, they look really bad.

Here is an example of a picture from last year and one from last week post. I mean, can they look anymore different?




I didn't how to use light at all. It's still a work in progress and I still have place for improvement, but I'm proud of how far I've come.

Blogging have also become more than a simple hobby I was doing from time to time. It's a part of my life now and I feel really bad if I can't stick to my schedule like I've been doing lately. I also started working with a couple of brands, which is something I never though I could do in a million years. I'm no big blogger by any means, but Gendots have grown so, so much in the last year.

I hope you like the new design and I'll see you soon with a new post!



0 commentaires :

Post a Comment