Sweet Breakfast Rice Bowl

I don't know about you, but I'm always on the hunt for a good filling breakfast. Bonus points if I can cook it on Sunday for the whole week. However, I easily get tired of always eating the same things and I will almost never have the same breakfast two weeks in a row. That makes me search and search for fresh ideas (you can find my Breakfast Pinterest Board here), but as much as I love eggs and bacon and the likes, I'm craving something a lot lighter during the hot days of summer.

This is how I came up with this breakfast idea.


This is basically a play on sushi bowl or burrito bowl, but as a sweet breakfast meal.

Based around rice, because carbs, proteins are also added by the greek yogurt and the nuts to keep you full until lunchtime. You can also add as much fruity topping as possible, plus a drizzle of honey for added sweetness is a must.


Ingredients
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tbsp sugar or other sweetener
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ cup greek yogurt, your choice of flavor. I used vanilla
  • Any fruits you have on hand. I used frozen mango, frozen coconut flesh and fresh blueberries.
  • Nuts of your choice. I used Cashew nuts.
  • Drizzle of honey

Step 1
Cook rice as you normally would, either on stove top or rice cooker, using the rice, water, sugar and vanilla extract.

Step 2
When the rice is cooked, let it cool completely and then add the yogurt.

Step 3
In the morning place one portion of rice in a bowl and add the toppings and a drizzle of honey.


Pretty easy, right? I hope you will enjoy it as much as I am!

Please let me know if you try. You can also tag me on Instagram @gendots if you share a picture of your Sweet Breakfast Bowl!

0 commentaires :

Post a Comment