The five products face

The five product face : foundation, corrector, concealer, blush & mascara - Gendots


I like simple make up routines for busy or lazy mornings. Or for morning when I want to look pretty, but don't feel like doing anything crazy complicated aka more than one eye-shadow.

The five product face : foundation, corrector, concealer, blush & mascara - Gendots

…What a weird smile I have on this one…

L'Oréal True Match Lumi in n1-2 Classic Ivory
The first stop of this make up routine is foundation. I heard good things about the original True Match foundation, but decided to go with this one as I thought it would suit my dry skin better. To be honest, it was not love at first use, but my skin was quite dry the first time I used it. Then I tried it with a damp sponge and my first impression changed. Up to now, every time I used it with a brush, things were looking really dry, though. But it does give a nice glow, as the name would suggest.

Becca Dual Coverage Compact Concealer in Latte
I like this one, because it has two sides, one extra coverage, and one medium coverage. The extra is really full coverage, with is good.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Mirage
Who doesn't like Tarte blushes? I feel like I hear about it everywhere (OK, mainly on blogs and youtube). This is the only one I own and it came in a set of two deluxe samples. I really love the color, which is a toned down peachy-pink. It's the perfect subtle color, when in doubt, this is always what I go for. I think it might be limited edition, because I can't find the color anywhere on their website.

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
Another product everybody talks about. I had a very hard time doing my brow before I tried this product. It took me a couple time to figure out the best way to use it, but it works. The only downside, it came broken. I can still use it, but if I try to flip it over to use the spooly, the product falls.

Maybelline The Colossal Cat Eye Mascara
It's not my favorite mascara by any means. I just try to get through it. It's not completely bad either, overall a pretty average mascara.

What are your staples when you do your make up? What step are you not willing to skip?

1 comment :

  1. Love the look of the Tarte blush - looks a gorgeous colour. Such a shame the brow wiz came broken! :(

    Beth x
    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete