Easy DIY Cocoa Bronzer



I haven't tied a lot of bronzers yet. First of all, because I couldn't seam to apply it right. Second of all, because when I tried the Body Shop honey bronzer, I didn't see the point of trying another one, because I loved this one so much.

I have to say, though, that before that one, the only bronzer I ever tried were on the very budget friendly side of things. So maybe it just wasn't good enough, I don't know. What I do know is that - before the honey bronzer - the one thing that worked pretty well as a bronzer was cocoa powder.

Yup, you read right. I was applying cocoa powder to the hollows of my cheeks. Not only is the smell heavenly, but the color was quite similar to some bronzer you could find out there. Plus, obviously, it's quite cheap. A box if cocoa powder will only cost a couple bucks and you don't need the whole thing, unless you want it to last a lifetime.

If you have an old loose powder container you can re-use, it's great! I didn't, so I just putted it in a small food container at the time. Needless to say it didn't felt like much of a luxury product to use, but the smell made up for it.

Right now, my honey bronzer is running out, and as I am currently unemployed (and it really sucks, anyone knows of a graphic design job in Montreal?) I cannot justify to buy any type of make up product. So I am on the hunt for a nice container in my apartment to put my DIY cocoa bronzer in.

Have you ever tried cocoa powder as a cosmetic? I bet it would work as a nice crease color for the eyes too!

6 comments :

  1. What a cool diy!! I'm wondering now how the cocoa powder would work on my skintone. I need to look at the Body Shop bronzer too. I haven't tried any of their cosmetics. Does it have shimmer, or is it matte? Thanks for linking up with us in the Best of the Blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen recipes to add cocoa to lotion for a natural, quick self-tan lotion. This is something I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! cocoa in lotion is a great idea, I'll try it for sure!

      Delete
  3. I love The Body Shop honey bronzer! I'm definitely going to try this DIY, Thanks for posting!

    Sarah xx

    thingssarahloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely try this! I love DIY's and who doesn't want to save money these days... I know I do! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete