I tried oil pulling with Perla Coco

Gendots I tried oil pulling with Perla Coco


A few weeks back, PerlaCoco reached to me to review their organic coconut oil for oil pulling. In the last year, I heard quite a lot about oil pulling, without ever trying it myself. So I though it would be a good opportunity to try something new.

First of all, I loved their order confirmation email. It was funny and different to the regular one we usually get.

I was provided with a two week plan of individually wrapped mint flavoured coconut oil.

I have to say that… To me oil pulling was harder than it looked. They say to use it for 5 to 15 minutes every day but at first I couldn't keep it in my mouth for more than 2 minutes. As I write this, I am just staring the second week of product (but it is actually my third week using it, I just keep forgetting to use it) and I lasted about 7 minutes - which it a big improvement.

Oil pulling is said to whiten teeth and I have to say I am starting to see a slight difference in their colour. It is also said to clear out toxins from your body. This I can't say I've seen a difference, because how could I actually see it? But I sure like the sound of it!

Some people have also reported better skin after using this technique for a while. It is also said to be great for oral health. I have a dentist appointment today to fix two cavities and I just hope it will be gone - not that I have high hopes that it will have actually healed my cavities but I can always dream.

As for PerlaCoco compared to any other organic coconut oil out there? I think if you are an oil pulling enthusiast it would be good to have them on hand as it is easily portable. I think it would be especially good if you're going on holiday and don't want to take a whole coconut oil jar with you. But for day to day, I think I'll stick the regular kind. To me the PerlaCoco oil pulling product didn't have a strong enough coconut flavor (I know, the flavor is mint, I just wished it tasted like coconut). Which I guess is great if you don't like the taste but I love it.

Overall, I think it is a good product. It is easy to use, especially if you are on the move a lot.

I don't know if I will make oil pulling fit into my daily routine, but I'll sure try to keep using it from time to time as I've seen results in the whiteness of my teeth.

What do you think about oil pulling? Have you ever try it?

1 comment :