Moving in


It finally happened! I moved in a place I LOVE after spending four long long years in a way too small apartment that made me miserable. Both me and my boyfriend came to a point where we hated that place so, so much. But it's behind us now, so I won't dwell on it and I'll just rave about our new space.

We moved in a little over a moth ago now and even if there is more work to be done in here, I already love this place so much. We need to do some painting too, eventually, but I'm not in a rush.

We finally have a functional kitchen with normal hight counter! (I know, sounds silly to most of you, but the counters were so low and shitty in the old place).

We have a small backyard where we can enjoy summer. We already planted some flowers, a cucumber plant and a hot pepper plant (can't wait to eat our own veggies!) and some herbs.

The apartment itself in on two levels. Upstairs, on street level, we have the living room, kitchen and bathroom. Downstairs, in the basement, we have the bedroom, laundry room and storage space. Yes, we have a proper laundry room and it's amazing.

Upstairs the ceilings are high and it really makes the rooms look bigger. Downstairs it stays cool during the summer so it's easy to sleep in, even in the heatwave we had at the beginning of the month.

I haven't even really started to think about how I'm going to decorate the space. Okay, that's a lie, I did think about it, but I haven't come to any decision yet. I've thought about having a gallery wall where the stairs are and maybe in the hallway. I don't know what it will look like or what kind of art I want to incorporate in the room. But, first of all, I think we need to clear out the mess before I start decorating. I also bought an online interior design course, so I want to do that before I take any decisions.

I'll keep updating you on how the space progresses over the next months, both here and on Instagram. I was thinking of filming an apartment tour as well, let me know if it's something you would be interested in!

0 commentaires :

Post a Comment