On the make up lunch box


Lunch box? What? I don’t have a really good make up bag, and right now, no money to buy one either. I try to put my daily products in my not so good make up bag, which ended up not being handy at all, since I had to take everything out to search for an eyeliner or else. My bathroom counter isn’t that big too, I have about 30 cm on 20 cm to put something on it, if I exclude the place for tooth brushes and hand soap.

I came across this metal lunch box I was using to store some paint, and I though it would be the perfect make up bag at home. (Obviously, it probably won’t work as good for traveling…) And it really does work, I can see what is in there without having to empty it every time.

So here is what is on my lunch box :

First, face products.




NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer. Not a huge fan, it’s almost empty, so I just use it up.

Revlon Nearly Naked foundation in 110 Irory. It’s a little bit too light for me right now, but with some bronzer it does the job. Overall, I think it’s a good foundation.

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer. I really like this one! I talked about it before. The only down side is that the packaging broke…

Maybeline Mineral Powder Blush Healthy Glow Luminous Colour in True Peach. Sometimes they really go overboard with the name length… I bought it a while ago at the dollar store, so it is pretty good for the price I payed. It’s a nice simple color, perfect for everyday use.

Elf Translucent Matifying Powder. I was really exited when I first came across elf product. I had heard about hem for a long time and it was finally there. Sadly, the first product I tried didn’t really impressed me. It’s not bad, but it’s not great either… I try to use it up because I don’t have any other translucent powder right now…

Studiomakeup Loose eyeshadow Dust in Indulgent Beige. I use this as a highlight and it’s really good. I never heard of this brand before I found this on sale a while back, and I’m really happy I tried it out!

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer. It’s this plain container at the back. The packaging broke in our move, and I tried to salvage what was left in it, because it was more than half full ! Even if the product itself is great, it really is not as fun to use anymore.

Becca Dual Coverage Compact Concealer in Latte. This was a great bargain ! It was worth 28$ I think, but it only cost me 7$ ! I bought it at Winners, which, I think, is a Canadian store only ? I might be wrong. (link the the website here). It’s good, especially on spots, but I think it will be too dark for my fall/winter skin color…

For the eyes.



Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadow Collection. Overall they’re a nice eyeshadow, with a decent pigmentation. The fact that there are 10 shadows means more fun, because there is more color to choose from… obviously. I don’t like eyeshadow trios or quad. I like a pallet with lots of color to choose from. And this is something that doesn’t seam to happen a lot in the drugstore makeup world. Let’s go back to the hard Candy pallet. Two things I don’t like about it : 1- There is no matte shade. 2- Some shades are really close in color. I mean, it could have been a 8 shade pallet and it wouldn’t really have made a difference.

Stilla Eye Shadow in Tone. With the Hard Candy pallet, I needed a matte shade. This was also a good bargain from Winners. It was also 7$ if I remember correctly. It’s a nice muted purple shade.

Maybeline Color Tattoo in Inked In Pink. The Color Tattoos are one of my favorite eye products. I usually go for Bad To The Bronze, but I decided to switch things up a bit with this nice pink shade.

Marcelle Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Olive. If I want a cat eye look, this is my go to right now. It’s just differet enough, without being too in your face. I love it.

For mascara, I’m not usually one to use a combo, but things change. The first one is Maybeline Great Lash, which, let’s be honest, I only got because it was cheap. It’s not great (and far from waterproof), but it’s okay. Second one is Maybeline The Colossal Volum’ Express. With the word volume in the product, I really though it would give volume, but it’s really more of a lengthening one. What I do, is I first apply the great lash, only to the roots of the lashes, to add volume, then I go with the colossal on the full length of my lashes. It works great so far.

Last but not least, lips. Also known as who need that much nude shade in one makeup bag.
I have six nude-ish lipstick on my makeup bag. Why ?



Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake. This is really is more of a pink. It’s nurishing which is good for my lips right now.

Maybelline lipstick in Nude Blush. One of my oldest lipstick. Maybe it’s not even good anymore… But I really love this simple shade.

Revlon Colorstay Overtime in Unlimited Mulberry. I didn’t even remember i had this one, so I thought I would give it a go. It’s more on the berry side, but still a nude-ish everyday kind of color. (my definition of nude is very large. It’s pretty much everything that is not either bright of dark)

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. I love this line and this color is great. And since it stain the lips, I don’t even have to think about reapplying.

L’oréal Color Riche Balm Caring Coral. A really nice sheer color. Moisturising. It also has SPF 15, which is always good.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive. I love a good matte lip sometime ! It also is my latest addition to my makeup collection, so I had to put it in.

Nivea Hydro Care. A simple, yet effective lipbalm.



And this is every product in my makeup bag right now. I thought about including tools, but I think it was a long enough post as it is. Probably even too long, but whatever, I guess.

0 commentaires :

Post a Comment