I tried : The Body Shop MOISTURE WHITE SHISO MOISTURISING ESSENCE



I kinda got this on a whim. It was the buy 3 get 3 free sell at the Body Shop and I never tried any essence before, so curiosity got the best of me. Plus, I knew it would end up being free anyway, because of the sale. I assume it is a fairly new product, as there are no reviews at all on the Body Shop website. And I haven't head of it at all on blogs or anywhere else.

It says it's for oily to normal skin. Even if my skin can get a little oily on the T-zone during the day, it is mostly dry. But it also says that it gets rid of dead skin, and that I have plenty of.

For a few months, my foundations didn't really sit well on my skin. Even the ones meant for dry skin. Once applied, I could see it settling into all the dry skin. I tried to exfoliate, of course, but it was still not looking great. (Except when I used a beauty sponge) I was at the point where I would not wear foundation anymore...

Well, these days are over.

What I would do is wash my face, then apply the essence(they say to do it with a cotton wool, but I find it works better just with my hands). Rub it in a little, then once it was kinda dry, I would apply my face oil. The thing I noticed is this : as I rubbed the oil on my skin, I felt little particles under my finger. At first I though it was leftovers my exfoliating cleanser, but the next day I used another cleanser, without a scrub, and the same thing happened. The particles were dead skin falling off my face. I don't know if it is supposed to do this, but I love it!

The essence, I guess, is dissolving the dead skin. And then I tried my foundation again, applied with a brush. It looked great! No more highlighting dry skin and no more settling into lines, I was left with a good looking foundation!

This is definitely something that will stay in my skincare routine for a long time!

Have you heard of the Moisture White range? Have you tried any essence before?


4 comments :

  1. Oooh that sounds fantastic! I saw their mositure white shiso BB cream but the shade was way too light!

    Thanks for following me on twitter, I followed you back! :)
    Hope to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's annoying when a product you want to try don't have your shade. I feel like it happends a lot with BB cream!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow this sounds great - I've never seen this before! Definitely think I'm going to give this a try next time they have a good sale on! Sounds like it's worked wonders for your skin! Thanks for the review x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was amazing for my skin. I hope you'll like it as much as I do!

      Delete