5 good habits to start right now



I don't know about you, but I'm always trying to be a little more healthy. Most times I fail and end up eating a giant slice of pizza. Or five. But at least I'm trying, right?

Over the years, I realized that as much as I try, I'm always going to not be so healthy all the time. I mean, don't make me choose between a bag of baby carrots and a bag of ketchup chips for my late night snack. Chances are, the carrots won't leave the fridge in a while.

But there are a lot of little things I can do to be overall healthier. Here are the five good habits I'm, at least trying, to get into.

DRINK MORE WATER
I'm not just saying this because I made a blog post about it a couple of months back. I'm still struggling with this. Some days I have no problem and end up wanting to have more water. Other days, I only drink half the amount of water I need.

WEAR SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY
Guilty. I bough sunscreen this year and so far I'm pretty good at wearing it… On sunny days. But to be honest, before, I just would not wear it at all. I don't really get sunburn, so I though I did not need it. But even if there is no sign of sun damage, does not mean there is no damage.

PREP FOOD AHEAD
Simply for the fact that if I have a salad already prepped in my fridge, I will eat it and won't be as tempted to make some french fries. That is one I need to work on. I did that on one week and ended up making too much food. And I don't want to waste food just so I could eat more healthy. But basically, what I will try this week is chopping some lettuce and veggies, cook some quinoa and prep some other tasty things to add to the dish. And at lunch time I will just have to take veggies, quinoa, some dressing and nuts or cheese and it will be done quickly and it will be healthy.

EXERCISE MORE
This one was obvious, wasn't it? The one thing we always say we will do… But rarely do for the long run (see what I did there?). I know I can't plan to do a two hours run very morning. That just won't happen. But Right now I'm planning a 10 minutes workout to do most morning. That is more realistic. And maybe I will do it for a month, and then stop for three weeks, and then try again. But I hope eventually I will actually make a habit out of working out.

TURN OFF THE TECH
This one is more about being mentally healthy, because this is as important. Sometimes I wake up and go straight to my phone or computer. And most of the time, if you have to do it, it's fine. But turning it all off from time to time actually feels really, really good. I did that a few times over the last months. I didn't open all the tech before mid afternoon and I had time to do so many things in my day. I felt so happy.

I don't have it all figured out. Obviously. But I felt like sharing some things I'm trying to do to have a more healthy life.

Please share your good habits in the comments!

0 commentaires :

Post a Comment