How to get free audiobooks - 100% legal



I bet that just like me you've heard about audible for a long time and though more than once about subscribing. But subscriptions are adding up and at the time (having only 1 and a half revenue for the both of us) I wasn't ready to pay the price.

I don't exactly remember how, but I found out I could get (almost) as much audiobooks as I wanted for no fee at all. Yes, completely free. When you think about it, it makes sense, because it's a library subscription. Obviously you don't own your books, which is fine by me, since most of the books I've been reading I'll probably won't read again anyway.

How does it work? I subscribed to the BANQ, Bibliotheque et Archives National du Québec and downloaded the Overdrive app. I know lots of other library do offer the same service, so if you don't live in Quebec you'll probably have a little research to do (you can also search directly in the app).

It work like you traditional library would. You have a number of days to read the book and to return it, but you don't have to drive there, just click a button. For the new and most popular books you'll have a wait list, but in my experience I barely ever waited longer than a week to have access to a book (except for the Harry Potter books, these are taking forever). You'll also see how many people are ahead of you.

I think it's a great option if you, like me, are on a budget. Sure, you won't always get the book you want when you want it. And you don't own the book either. But on the other hand, it's free, and that's what I'm all about.

With physical books, I'm an extremely slow reader. I will actually forget I'm reading a book and go weeks without touching it. In a normal year I might ready 2 to 5 books. That's not a lot. How many books would you guess I've read last year? Over 30 books.

Here are some of them :
Dark Matter by Blake Croush
The Girl Before by Marie Rutkoski
The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
Harry Potter books 1 and 2 by J. K. Rolling
Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

The app history doesn't go further back because I changed phone 🤷‍♀️

I hope I helped some of you with this post and happy listening!

0 commentaires :

Post a Comment